Divorce Modifications

Update the Terms of Your Divorce or Separation

When you are going through a divorce or legal separation, the courts try to create an arrangement that is fair to both parties. The terms set at the outset of your divorce are not intended to last forever. Lives change and so does each person's finances, lifestyle, etc. If the terms of your divorce no longer make sense given your current circumstances, you should retain legal counsel to help you start divorce modifications through the proper legal channels. At William R. Pierce Attorney at Law, we handle all types of divorce modifications.

When Can a Divorce Order be Modified?

Ultimately, the court is the one who decides whether a modification is justified. Our goal as your family law firm is to demonstrate that the changes will be in everyone's best interests and that there is clear evidence that the change should be made. For example, if you are paying spousal support to your ex-spouse because they were without a job at the time of your divorce and they have since been employed in a high-paying role, it may be possible to have your alimony payments modified.

Call (405) 633-0064 to schedule a consultation with William R. Pierce Attorney at Law today.

Help with Divorce Modifications

There are a number of circumstances that could justify divorce modifications, such as:

  • Substantial changes in income
  • Changes in your children's needs
  • Remarrying
  • Losing a job
  • One party refusing to comply with the current terms
  • Changes in state laws
  • Becoming ill or disable
  • Being arrested
  • Moving to a new state
  • Seek Reliable Counsel from a Trustworthy Attorney

When it comes to dealing with issues which directly affect you and your family, it is important that you have proper representation on your side. At William R. Pierce Attorney at Law, we are dedicated to ensuring your family's rights are protected as we review your case and build a strong argument for a modification. Our Oklahoma City divorce modifications lawyer is dedicated to finding the best possible arrangement for your family, which may mean changing the current plan or agreement.

Connect with us using our Contact Form or call (405) 633-0064 today.