Paternity Claims OKC

Hire a Qualified Family Law Attorney for Paternity Claims OKC

Family law is a complex area of the law, and it only becomes more difficult when children are involved. At William R. Pierce, Attorney at Law, we help mothers and fathers from all walks of life address paternity claims and issues in court. Whether you are planning to get a divorce, are searching for the father of your child, or need to establish your rights as a parent, we can help. Our Oklahoma City paternity claims OKC attorney can provide you with compassionate counsel and ensure that you are treated fairly.

How Is Paternity Established?

Paternity refers to the relationship between fathers and their children and all the rights and responsibilities that come with that role, such as custody or child support. When paternity has not been established in a divorce, legal separation, or family law matter between unmarried parents, the father could be denied rights or shirk responsibilities. Paternity can be established in a few different ways, including a paternity DNA test, a father signing a birth certificate and naming himself the father, or if the parents were married at the time of the birth.

Call (405) 633-0064 to schedule a consultation with William R. Pierce Attorney at Law today.

The people who are legally allowed to request a paternity test include:

  • The mother of the child
  • Grandparents (if the father passed away)
  • A male who is arguing that they are the father
  • A male who can prove that he may be the father
  • The assumed biological father
  • Addressing Your Questions About Paternity

Trying to determine whether you are the father of a child or finding the father of your child is not an easy subject to broach. You may have hundreds of questions, concerns, and feel uncertain about how to proceed. For example, if you are unsure of who the child's father is or you are still pregnant, you may not know how to establish paternity. Or maybe you are wondering how to hold the father responsible if they do not have a job or income. At William R. Pierce Attorney at Law, we recommend speaking with an Oklahoma City paternity claims OKC lawyer before you take any steps so that you can get an idea of your options.

Connect with us using our Contact Form or call us at (405) 633-0064.